Positions & Transactions
GoldenSource Positions & Transactions is a powerful positions, balances and transactions consolidation engine. The application aggregates positions and balances to provide immediate and accurate access to the financial totals and details needed for decision making, customer service and daily operations. Positions and balances can be aggregated across a variety of different levels such as by client, by firm, by department, etc. as well as by sub-ledger such as available cash, pending settlements, available collateral, pledged securities, etc.
The application also translates disparate sets of transaction formats from multiple feeder systems into one consistent set of transaction formats. This facilitates data sharing and simplifies adding any new analytical applications as required.
It operates in real-time but can also be used to create a simple data store of transaction and position history data. It is useful for trade capture and for creating a simplified data store when real time position update is not required.
The Positions & Transaction application is integrated into the EDM suite that enables transactions from single or multiple source systems, to be standardized, validated, enriched, linked and made available to other systems that need it.
- Transaction Standardization -- Transactions sent from trading and settlement systems are standardized into one common format, with missing data completed.
- Transaction Aggregation -- Continuously aggregates and nets equity, fixed income, derivatives, currency, and other transactions in real-time. Not just trades and cash transactions, it can handle backdated transactions, corrections, and corporate actions, too.
- Based on a general ledger structure enabling the user to designate the exposures to be tracked (by client, product, etc.). As a result it is possible to know precisely trade date and settlement date positions, cash balance and projected cash flow, accrued interest, fails, encumbrances and liabilities by a whole spectrum of settings including client, counterparty, industry, asset class, issuer, issue, department, custodian, portfolio manager and many more.
- A persistent relational database acts as a hub for risk, liquidity, compliance and functional reporting systems. It's what makes those systems accurate.
- Helps eliminate data redundancies of legacy data stored in "data silos" thus improving operational efficiencies and lowering data management costs.
- Records in real time the effect of each new transaction activity on previous positions, balances and lots.
- Financial control is increased with consolidated positions and balances across products, geographies, counterparties, combined with drill-down to individual transactions
- Combines flexible rules, market practices, and enterprise-specific processing, to provide downstream systems with timely information
- Highly flexible to allow users to establish rules and parameters that conform to their internal business practices, based on transaction type, issue type, location, and counterparty.
- A configurable web-based, user interface enables users to manage and monitor a transaction's status and correct errors in real time which contributes to reduced data errors and improved efficiency.