GoldenSource Corporation is a leading global provider of Enterprise Data Management (EDM) solutions dedicated exclusively to the financial services industry. Headquartered in New York, the company also has offices in the UK and India with more than 300 staff worldwide – offering an international work environment, positive/open corporate culture and various employee benefits.
Our work environment is fast paced and cutting edge. We’re looking for candidates who can make quick decisions, excel in a diverse global team environment and have a strong desire to use the latest technologies while architecting and implementing solutions for clients using the GoldenSource Product suite.
Senior Technical Consultant
GoldenSource is looking to expand its North American Professional Services Group (“PSG”) with a Senior Technical Consultant having Asset management and / or Banking industry specific experience within Financial Services IT, implementing software vendor Products with significant client facing exposure. Experience within reference data projects on one or more of the following would be highly desirable: Client, Instrument, Product, Pricing or Corporate Actions.
The successful candidate should also have experience with designing enterprise level application integration and data flows, have hands on experience with the latest database and application technologies including exposure to cloud based solutions.
We expect hands implementation experience of the J2EE architecture, configuration and tuning of Jboss / Welogic / Webshere Application Servers, Oracle data base set up and tuning, Hadoop, Elastic search, UNIX/Linux admin and queuing technologies (Kafka, MQ, TIBCO EMS, etc).
The candidate should be familiar with working in agile project environments, experienced with agile ceremony’s and roles and be able to lead and train others. As we adopt more of Dev Ops processes and tools we need a team member who can provide guidance on their implementation and use to maximize benefits to our clients during implementation.
Required Skills and Experience:
We expect the candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 8 years relevant IT experience with full IT project lifecycle
- Worked within agile / scrum projects and have a sound understanding of the concepts
- Hands on knowledge of Dev ops processes and tools, including test automation
- Strong understanding of J2EE concepts and experience of either JBOSS, Websphere or Weblogic including clustering and tuning
- Oracle Database and SQL expertise including performance tuning and debugging
- Queuing technologies including Kafka, MQ, Solace
- Scripting including Python, Unix, java
- System architecting and Integration experience, with emphasis on Cloud architectures and big data
- Design, plan and execute non-functional tests including performance, scalability, reliability
- Experience in IT processes for enterprise critical systems, and standards such as ITIL
- Excellent customer-facing skills and experience
- Team player with ability to influence and negotiate, with interpersonal skills to deal with management and staff at various levels.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – ability to communicate/work with people at all levels/backgrounds