GoldenSource is looking to expand its Professional Services team with a senior technical analyst having specific industry experience within the IT arena having previously worked on projects with client facing exposure. Domain experience in asset management, risk IT, or OTC derivative related IT roles would be particularly welcome.
We would expect the successful candidate to have played a key role in full IT project lifecycles, with particular focus on the implementation aspects of the J2EE architecture, queuing and integration to third party and in house systems.
General Java knowledge is required and in particular skills with Java Application Servers are essential. The applicant must have worked with at least one of the following application servers (WebLogic, WebSphere or JBOSS). Also required is exposure to Oracle RDBMS, UNIX/Linux and basic queuing concepts (MQ, TIBCO EMS, etc).
The successful candidate will work as part of a wider team having primarily technical responsibility throughout a project implementation lifecycle. He/she will need to interface with the client and demonstrate high level of business competency and be adept at leveraging his/her experience to manage client expectations and ensure successful deployment of the GoldenSource software.
The role requires the candidate to work independently, and is collaborative in nature. A key aspect of the role is to provide regular feedback to the Project Manager on the status of assignments deliverables, and for the candidate to provide mentoring to more junior staff members to broaden and improve their GoldenSource configuration techniques
The candidate should be adept at problem solving through innovation, making confident decisions under pressure with aggressive timeframes and have a proven track record on successfully overseeing a number of projects of differing scales.
The candidate will help other team members through knowledge in his/her area of specialization and is generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from managers.
The candidate will be expected to contribute to pre-sales activities, supporting new business sales campaigns and business development activities for Client relationship activities.
The role requires proven competency in the following areas:
- Project delivery work stream alongside client technical/infrastructure teams to determine and implement solutions that meet their business objectives and timelines.
- Coordinate with client technical staff and analysts to identify technical solutions to meet their objectives. Presenting a pragmatic delivery approach; differentiating between what can be done and what should be done and delivering this message to the Client.
Required Skills and Experience:
We expect the candidate to have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 7+ years IT experience with full IT project lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of J2EE concepts and experience of either JBOSS, Websphere or Weblogic.
- Database/SQL fundamentals and queuing systems having integrated a product to other third party systems before.
- Hands-on Application server configuration experience, including SQL skills, skills to configure interfaces and a good understanding of relational databases plus a good working understanding of standard XML, XSLT, XPATH
- Basic understanding of queuing systems (JMS) and integration of these systems in application server environments.
- Basic understanding of Web Services
- Unix scripting
- Good customer-facing skills and experience, obtained in either an internal environment or in dealing with external customers.
- Is adept at problem solving through innovation, and able to make confident decisions under pressure within aggressive timeframes. Accepts responsibility for decisions made.
- Team player with ability to influence and negotiate, with interpersonal skills to deal with management and staff at various levels.
- Experience of implementing an Enterprise Data Management (EDM) software vendor package or application into a large organization, particularly GoldenSource EDM.
- Good knowledge of relational databases and, particularly, financial industry data models and modelling including 3rd form normalized data models.
- Good knowledge of ETL tools.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – ability to communicate/work with people at all levels/backgrounds.
Must Have Technical Skills:
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Unix (Linux or Solaris)
- Worked with at least one of the following application servers
Successful candidates would likely have a background in the IT arena of one of the following domains
- Reference data management covering instrument, party and trade
- Knowledge of various data vendor formats e.g. Bloomberg Backoffice, SIX Financial, Thompson Reuters Datascope, IDC, Markit etc.
- Asset management data management and data warehousing
- Market data management for risk, finance, product control, IPV
- Trade data and risk sensitivity management with focus on OTC derivatives
- Financial regulatory reporting such as EMIR, MIFID or Dodd Frank
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Java Application server tuning and clustering
- Oracle Tuning skills
- Experience with build tools like “make” and “ant”
- Experience with Dev Ops working practices and tools
- Agile / scrum development techniques