GoldenSource Corporation is a leading global provider of Enterprise Data Management (EDM) solutions dedicated exclusively to the financial services industry. Headquartered in New York, the company also has offices in the UK, Italy, Singapore, Australia and India with approximately 400 staff worldwide – offering an international work environment, a collaborative corporate culture and various employee benefits (including free medical plans). Our work environment is fast paced and cutting edge. We’re looking for candidates who can make quick decisions, excel in a diverse team environment and are constantly looking to improve their sales skills and domain knowledge in data management.
GoldenSource has an open sales executive position in its North American team for a sales professional with industry experience in enterprise software sales, account management or having lead professional services teams in the Investment management & Capital Markets verticals.
New York City. No relocation available.
A combination of base salary and variable compensation.
Candidate should expect 25% travel each month within the USA and Canada.
Generating new business (i.e. logos) in USA and Canada is the primary responsibility of the sales team. This role is the main point of contact for our prospects and has end-to-end deal accountability. The role requires the candidate to be able to independently carry on conversations with both technical as well as business side stakeholders. Sales cycles are typically 6-12 months long. The role requires the candidate to be highly organized and persistent in follow-ups, use Salesforce to track the funnel and log activities, and possess good multi-tasking skills. The candidate is also expected to be aware of various existing client implementations/use cases and use that knowledge in his/her prospecting efforts.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying opportunities by researching target companies in an organized manner, building prospect lists and reaching out directly to prospects
- Contribute to formulation of a sales strategy by collaborating with the marketing and inside sales teams on campaigns for inbound leads i.e. blogs, white papers, events etc.
- Event/Conference planning – taking a view on which events to attend, be very organized about booking meetings with prospects in advance and follow ups. Expect to attend ~1 conference a year.
- Analyze the prospects technical and business requirements and define a sales strategy to present GoldenSource’s solution to address those requirements
- Prepare written internal selling plans and external proposals in response to customer queries and formal requests for proposals
- Professionally represent GoldenSource through all facets of the sales cycle
- Work with marketing on creating “bespoke collateral” for specific prospects
- Manage the various sales stages for prospects in a buying cycle. This may include assisting the head of North American sales in managing the deal i.e. play the role of coordinator across various internal teams (pre-sales, product, services, managed services etc.) and work with the head of North American sales in creating executive summaries and price proposals for clients.
- Involvement with the RFP/RFI process: while the pre sales team owns the RFP process, the candidate is expected to review and be aware of the responses in the RFP/RFI
- Advise finance and legal teams during negotiating stage
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years and maximum 8 years’ experience in sales, account management or as a lead in implementation services roles with the following mandatory skills or experience:
- Advanced functional knowledge of financial instruments: equities, listed derivatives, futures, fixed income; and
- Basic understanding of back office or reference data processes e.g. corporate actions, instrument set ups, clearing, settlement, client/regulatory reporting; and
- Work experience in software product vendors/firms that sell into Investment Management or Investment Banks
- Technical background i.e. an undergraduate degree with major/minor in computer science, or demonstrated past experience in a technical role
- Experience with vendor platforms selling $300K-$600K (Annual Contract Value) size deals
- Experience selling hosted and/or managed solutions, SaaS, PaaS etc.
- Sales/pre-sales/account management experience on competing vendor Reference data (EDM) systems or middle & back-office systems – Markit EDM, AIM, SmartCo/NeoXam, Broadridge Paladyne (BIMS), Indus Valley Partners, MIK funds, Eagle, Kingland systems, Informatica, Asset Control, Xenomorph, SmartStream RDU, Clearwater analytics, Black Mountain systems, Simcorp, Calypso, Murex, Rimes, Factset, Hazeltree, FIS, Charles River, SS&C, State Street (Data GX) etc.
- Functional exposure – Market data for risk, finance, product control, IPV, financial regulatory reporting such as NCEN/NPort, EMIR, MIFID or Dodd Frank, Portfolio, Order management or Fund Accounting